Winners of the 2016 awards
presented by Antony Worrall Thompson
on 26th April 2016
at the Royal College of Physicians in London
Click here for details of the 2016 judges; Click here for the 2016 shortlist.
Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Oakland International
'For the second year running the Tesco development team have excelled in terms of innovation and quality, especially in frozen products.
Not only were they creating much loved but long lost gluten-free products such as garlic breads and dough balls, breaded scampi, profiteroles and Cornetto look-alikes but the majority of these products were also dairy/milk free and many of them were also soya and egg free.
Although small producers and independent brands play an incredibly important role in freefrom, the supermarkets remain the power house of the sector so it is hugely important that they engage with it – as Tesco most certainly do.'
The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
Start Ups & Small Producers – Sponsored by Tesco
- Breakfast foods – Sponsored by Asda
- Breads – Sponsored by Udi's
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Pasta and Pizza – Sponsored by Gluten Free Cuppa Tea
- Raw Foods – Sponsored by Genon Laboratories
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending – Sponsored by Tesco
- Down the pub and the bar – Sponsored by the Food and Drink Innovation Network
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by Goodness Direct
- Foods suitable for treenut and peanut allergics – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy
- Tea Time! – Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Romer Labs UK
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Free From Market
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Holland & Barrett
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866