Contact UsYou can call us on +44 (0)20 7722 2866 You can write to us at:
FreeFrom Food Awards, 5 Lawn Road, London NW3 2XS, UK For anything to do with entries to the FreeFrom Food Awards contact Cressida. For anything to do with sponsorship, the judging or the presentation, contact Michelle. For enquiries about our social media, contact Alex.
About the FreeFrom Food Awards & the logo
The FreeFrom Food Awards, the UK's only industry awards for freefrom food, were started in 2008 by FoodsMatter and FreeFrom Foods Matter to encourage innovation and celebrate excellence in the freefrom food industry. The awards are entirely independent, supported by sponsorship and entry fees only.
• The FreeFrom Food Awards logo is a certification mark and should only be used as such. It will not be used without indicating it is a certification mark.
• Food products entitled to use the mark must be free from at least one of the 14 major allergens and must be able to substantiate their claims with independent laboratory reports.
• Only those who have been shortlisted, commended, highly commended or won an award are entitled to use the awards logo or mark. Their names will be listed on the current and previous winners pages of this site.
• The logo or mark is awarded for excellence in the creation of 'freefrom' food e.g. food that is free of gluten, dairy, nuts or any other of the 14 major food allergens.
• The logo or mark is awarded by a team of professional independent judges appointed by the the Freefrom Food Awards each year. For more information on the judges see here.
• Use of the logo is monitored throughout the year by the FreeFrom FoodsMatter team who run fortnightly updates on all products and new launches in the 'freefrom' food marketplace.
• The decision of the judges in awarding the logo or mark is final (see Rules of Entry). Any disputes which arose would be settled by an independent arbiter.
• There is an entrance fee of £150 + VAT per product; £90 + VAT per product if you have 3 or fewer employees to enter the awards. If a certification is awarded, there will be no charge or levy on displaying the certification mark on the products.
Cressida Langlands (Coordinator)
Michelle Berriedale-Johnson has been involved with food sensitivity for nearly 30 years, ever since her family were diagnosed with milk intolerance. Since then she has manufactured 'freefrom' food, run a magazine about food sensitivity for both health professionals and patients, written a number of books on food allergy/intolerance, devised over 1,000 'freefrom' recipes and now edits the FreeFromMatters family of websites, a major online resource for food allergy, intolerance and sensitivity.
Michelle is an authority on ‘freefrom’ food and is in constant demand as a speaker on the concept of ‘freefrom’ and the wider ‘allergy problem’.
You can contact Michelle by email here.
Cressida joined the Foods Matter family in 2008, and ran the Foods Matter magazine’s subscriptions department until the magazine was finally put to bed in 2010, and FoodsMatter became a series of websites.
She also writes the new product reviews and compiles the product directories for Freefrom FoodsMatter, does the company bookkeeping and attends any other business such as the occasional conference or food fair report.
You can contact Cressida by email here.