Raising the profile of freefrom foods
'We see a decent uplift in enquiries from people at the awards and consider our sponsorship definitely worth the investment.' Genon Laboratories, long term awards sponsors.
Benefits of sponsorship
• Take the lead in a rapidly growing sector of the food industry
• Sponsor’s name to appear on all printed and on line material detailing the awards and acknowledgement of sponsorship to appear in all media coverage (as far as is in our control) 01/09/17–30/6/18
• Sponsor to be acknowledged and thanked on an ongoing basis via all of our social media sites
• Two, three or four free invitations to the presentation party, depending on the category.
• An opportunity to present the winner of the category sponsored with their certificate, and to be photographed with them, at the presentations
• Exposure at planned trade exhibitions 2017/8
Special Awards – see here
1. Innovation Award
The judges will be looking for instances of exciting technical, gastronomic and even functional innovation in 'freefrom' food manufacture.
2. No Top 14 – Sponsored by the Anaphylaxis Campaign
New category in 2017 to celebrate those products which have gone the extra 13 miles and include none of the top 14 allergens!
3. Best product from a start-up
A new category in 2016 designed to encourage small start-ups. Previous winners have benefited from mentoring from Tesco's technical and marketing experts.
4. • NEW • Products made with FODMAP friendly ingredients
Avoiding high FODMAP foods has been found to be helpful for many people suffering from food intolerance. A new category to explore what is available.
5. • NEW • FreeFrom foods for export
UK freefrom companies are increasingly looking not just to Europe but to the Middle East, India, China, Australia and the US for their markets. This category will seek out some of the products that they are exporting – and we are delighted to have it sponsored in it first year by Queen's Award for Export winners, Delamere Dairy.
6. Breakfast Foods
This is one of our ‘multiple product’ categories and offers the sponsor significantly more exposure and coverage than the single product awards.
7. • NEW • Milk Product Alternatives
The recent growth in this sector we now feel justifies a category of its own including 'milk alternatives', spreads/butters, 'cheeses', yogurt and ice cream.
The most 'staple' of the staple products and always one of the best 'populated'! Whole loaves and sliced breads, rolls, buns....
9. Store cupboard
Any store cupboard item, ambient, dried, or frozen, excluding pasta and pizza bases but including bread and cake mixes.
10. Pasta and pizza
A vital part of any diet, freefrom or otherwise!
11. Superfoods and sports supplements
A new category last year, to include protein shakes and other sports supplements that all too often are based on whey or gluten-filled proteins.
12. ‘Food to go' and Vending
A big high-street growth area for freefrom with most coffee shops and lunch outlets now offering at least one 'freefrom' option.
13. 'Down the Pub' – gluten-free beers
Always a very successful category showcasing both barley-based and totally gluten-free beers.
14. Savoury Snacks and Crackers
Crisps, snacks and nuts to drink with those beers and crackers, to eat on their own or with cheese or dips.
15. 'Meaty' and 'fishy' ready-meals
Burgers, sausages, pies, pasties, soups and one-pot meals! Any meal that you can take out of the freezer, the fridge or the store cupboard – then heat up and enjoy in front of the telly! Great entries last year!
16. 'Veggie' ready-meals
Burgers, sausages, pies, pasties, soups and one-pot meals! Any veggie meal that you can take out of the freezer, the fridge or the store cupboard – then heat up and enjoy in front of the telly!
17. Foods designed for children
One of our most popular categories, run for us each year by nutritionist Christine Bailey and judged by a very enthusiastic team of 6 – 16-year-olds!
Combining the very traditional 'freefrom' cake and biscuit categories, 'TeaTime' offers the sponsor more exposure and coverage than the single product awards.
19. Dessert and puddings
A very successful category bringing together every kind of dessert and pudding from Sticky toffee pudding to coconut cream, including seasonal desserts – such as Christmas pud!
20. Confectionery – chocolate and sweets
We are looking for everything from everyday chocolate and candy bars to gift confectionery, seasonal confectionery (Christmas and Easter), low sugar/sugar free confectionery and any other sort of 'freefrom' confectionery that we have not thought of!
21. Snack Bars
An essential item in every school lunch box,
brief case, handbag and sports bag these days...
Retailer of the Year
An exciting category designed to reflect the significant role that the supermarkets have played in the development of 'freefrom'.
FreeFrom Hero Award 2018
Following the success of our FreeFrom SuperHero award last year we have decided to keep the award but to look both inside and outside the industry for our 2018 hero. So we are seeking someone who has made a major contribution to freefrom, in no matter how humble a role. An excellent caring freefrom school cook, a café owner who really caters freefrom – all suggestions welcome.