Winners of the 2017 awards
Presented by Antony Worrall Thompson on 28th March 2017 at the Royal College of Physicians in London
Click here for details of the 2017 judges; Click here for the 2017 shortlist.
For where to buy all of this year's winners, see here.
Desserts and Puddings – Sponsored by Morrisons
Asda Free From Cream Filled Chocolate Profiteroles
‘Light choux paste – not soggy at all! Good flavour chocolate sauce. Innovative product, well executed.’
Naturally Coconuts Mint Choc Chip
‘Exciting product, super quality cacao and great, complex flavours. Mint is impressive, chocolate almost harsh but it works.’
Booja Booja Raspberry Ripple Dairy Free Ice Cream
'Lovely looking ice cream with a great ripple. Deliciously sweet and creamy – brilliantly clean label.'
Matthew Walker Gluten Free Syrup Sponge
'Very light – great texture. Lovely flavour and good balance of syrup to sponge Really enjoyed it.'
Tesco Free From Mixed Berry Cheesecake
'Crunchy biscuit base. Generous fruit topping, lush sweet and sharp berries. Nice base, good texture, lovely flavour, great balance – if only it could be dairy free to!'
Tesco Free From Strawberry Rice Pudding
'Clever, simple, tangy. Clean and colourful; rice has a nice firm texture – lovely strawberry compote.'
Jollyum Summer Strawberry Dairy-Free Ice Cream
'Lovely natural colour with good creamy notes – although more of a delicious refreshing sorbet.'
Matthew Walker Gluten Free Chocolate Sponge
'Good soft sponge and an overall appealing chocolate flavour.'
MiiRO Salted Caramel
'Lovely freefrom chocolate ice cream combo – pleasantly unsweet.'
Freefrom Super Hero – Sponsored by Lucy Bee
- The Innovation Award – Sponsored by Food Matters Live
- No Top 14 – Sponsored for 2017 by Ilumi
- Retailer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Oakland International
- Best Product from a Start Up – Sponsored by Tesco
- Breakfast foods –Sponsored by Holland & Barrett
- Breads – Sponsored by Dr Schaer
- Store cupboard – Sponsored by Genius Gluten Free
- Pasta and Pizza –Sponsored by Genon Laboratories
- Superfoods and sports supplements – Sponsored by Tiana Fair Trade Organics
- ‘Food to go’ and food for vending –Sponsored by Integrated Food Projects Ltd
- Down the pub and the bar –Sponsored by the Food and Drink Innovation Network
- Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals – Sponsored by Mrs Crimbles
- Veggie ready meals – Sponsored by The Allergy & FreeFrom Show
- Foods suitable for treenut and peanut allergics – Sponsored by Wellaby's
- Foods designed for children – Sponsored by Delamere Dairy
- Tea Time! –Sponsored by Romer Labs UK
- Desserts and puddings – Sponsored by Morrisons
- Confectionery and chocolate – Sponsored by Goodness Direct
- Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free etc – Sponsored by Synergis Marketing
FreeFrom and the Awards – 10 years on. Here for more on the book, or to buy it.
If you have any queries or would like to talk to us about the awards - please email Michelle or Cressida or call on +44 (0)20 7722 2866